Study in USA

Study in USA

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

RATING 4.9 / 5. Satisfied Count: 898798

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

As you found this post useful...

Follow us on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Share on social media.

Please fill out the form. Our counselor will reach out to you soon.

Study in USA from Nepal

A Guide to the United States for Study Abroad Students

Students, especially those from Nepal, do not have to worry about encountering prejudice in the United States due to the country’s vast cultural diversity. So, the USA is a safe place for Nepalese students. Suppose you have settled on the United States as a location for your education abroad. In that case, you can rest assured that you have made the right decision because the United States is often regarded as a top place to pursue post-secondary education. There are certain characteristics that distinguish one place from another, even if the reasons why students should consider visiting a country can vary greatly from one another. Listed below are some of the many reasons why traveling to the United States for higher education can be an excellent choice. This USA study guide for international students will provide you with all the information you need to study in the USA. You’ll find it all from popular colleges to lifestyle advice, housing, and the application process. The United States continues to be the most popular destination for students from more than 200 other countries, according to a 2021 report by Open Doors.

Customizable information to meet your needs

The United States offers the most options compared to educational opportunities in other countries. There is a learning opportunity for everyone, regardless of their skill level or career goals, now that such a diverse range of learning options are available. Many educational institutions in the United States adopt some classes specifically for the needs of foreign students.

Flexibility for education

It is common for students in the United States to change universities after completing the first two years of undergraduate education while remaining in the same faculty. Most schools are willing to accept credits earned at other colleges for the same class. Therefore, you do not need to attend the same institution for all four years of your education to obtain your degree. Because of this flexibility, you have the chance to transfer your credits to a school with a good grade if you maintain high enough standards.
Students who wish to enroll in a graduate program but have not yet chosen a major are welcome to submit an application for the program and may make that decision later. In addition, students can select credits from different departments in the areas they are most interested in.

Also Read: The USA Education System

You can reach more people and make more contacts.

This is true for any country where you want to study abroad, not just the US. Networking is essential to every career; people who find the right connections will rise in their field. People who live or work abroad and speak more than one language will have a considerable advantage over other job seekers. At American universities, you can meet famous people in your fields. This will be very important once you work in the area.

Diversity and variety

You can go to a large public university or college or a small private university if you want to be part of a small group. People in America are also very different from each other. Along with people from the United States, you will meet people from other cultures, such as Mexicans, Asians, and Indians. The United States is basically a multiracial society that is still accepting new immigrants. This makes it a melting pot of communities and cultures that are constantly changing, which will help you learn more about the world.

How can Nepalese study in America?

Nepalis receive the most high-skilled H-1B visas and also make up the largest group of international students in the US. According to U.S. government records, immigrants from Nepal are better educated, speak better English, come to the U.S. on work visas, and are less likely to live below the poverty line than all immigrants. Many Nepalis work in STEM fields, which stand for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.

The Education system of the United States

Education in America: Many students who want to attend college in the US are surprised to learn that the country has no education system. The federal government can only influence education by giving money, which is not much. However, there are state exams that must be passed in order to graduate. When choosing a college or university, students have many options in higher education. Although some groups attempt to rank American colleges and universities, “fit” is also significant. The GPA of admitted students is essential, but a prospective student will also look at the majors offered, the location, the number of students enrolled, and the campus culture. Some colleges and universities get money from the government, while others get money from private sources.

The most popular places for students: are Princeton University, Harvard University, Yale University, Columbia University, and Stanford University (in no particular order). On the east coast of the US, New England is where most of the country’s well-known academic institutions are located. Most of the best colleges in the country are in cities like Boston, New York, Cambridge, Old Saybrook, and New Haven. During the academic year 2019-20, about 193,124 Indian students were in the US. In the US, Indian students most often take courses in business management, computer science, finance and accounting, economics, communications and media, and physical and life sciences.

Study in USA Related Posts

No Posts Found

There are different kinds of colleges and universities in the US

State College/University/School
Each of the 50 states in the US runs at least one university or college where students can get a good education at a low cost. The governments of their home states fund these universities, which have cutting-edge infrastructure. For instance, the University of California or Texas A&M. Different schools have different ways of picking students. In the USA, students need a certain minimum grade point average to get into college.

Private college or university
Private groups run these schools, which are more expensive than public ones.

The community colleges
Community colleges offer certifications or associate degrees that can be transferred that take two years to finish. Most people who graduate from a community college go to universities or four-year colleges to complete their degrees. They can take the credits they earned at the community college to the four-year college. Community colleges offer English as a Second Language (ESL) classes and other programs that help students get ready for college-level courses.

Institutes of Technology
These are the places where you can study science and technology for four years.

The College of Liberal Arts
Students who want to get a liberal arts degree focused on a subject of their choice called a “major” must also take General Education classes in almost all other issues offered. Most liberal arts schools have one large study area, while universities usually have the same major in two or more degree areas. Even if a student majors in math, they can still choose to be an engineer.

Also, read Top university in the USA

Some information about the US

Southwest: Cities like Phoenix and Las Vegas are in the Southwest, a hot desert area. In the summer, the average temperature would be between 40°C and 25°C. The average temperature in winter would be between 18°C and 4°C.

Southeast: Cities like Houston, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Charleston are in the southeast, which is warm to hot and humid. In the summer, the average temperature is between 35°C and 25°C. In the winter, the average temperature is between 10°C and 0°C.

Midwest: Cities like Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio are in the Midwest, Northern Plains, Great Lakes, and New England. These areas have a humid climate and are home to cities like these. In the summer, the average temperature is between 28°C and 15°C. In the winter, the average temperature is between 0°C and -9°C.

Atlantic Coast: Cities like St. Louis, Cincinnati, and New York City are in the central plains and East Coast, where the weather is mild and damp. In the summer, the average temperature is between 30°C and 18°C. In the winter, the average temperature is between 4°C and -3°C.

Pacific Northwest: Cities like Seattle and Portland are in the Pacific Northwest, which has a climate similar to the ocean. In the summer, the average temperature is between 30°C and 18°C. In the winter, the average temperature is between 4°C and -3°C.

Lifestyle tips: The United States is a large, diverse country that spans an entire continent. In American life, many cultural currents run together. To fit in with the locals, you must remember that American culture is very different from Indian culture. If you want to meet more people and get to know them, you need to do more things.

Know about professional sports. One way to start a conversation with a local is to talk about the NFL, NBA, or any other local professional sport. Sports are a great way to meet people in the area.

Outdoor activities: Americans like to spend time outside and play sports and games. Their lives are more active, and they want to meet new people and learn new skills.

Nightlife and music concerts: People go to social events like concerts and shows on the weekends, or they might go to a bar to watch a game. The weekend is an excellent time to hang out with people and take it easy, so your friends or classmates might invite you to a club. It would help if you had an open mind to meet new people and make friends.


Lifestyle tips: First, you need to decide if you want to live in a place where the university runs or if you will find a private landlord. You can eat out or cook for yourself if you choose a university-run site. The catered accommodation gives you the benefit of having your meals cooked for you and gives you some idea of how much they will cost.

If you know what you like, the housing office at your university will be able to tell you what kind of housing they have. This is where you should start looking. If you want to rent from a private landlord or if the university you want to go to doesn’t have any housing options, the accommodation office should be able to give you a list of private properties and landlords in the area.

No matter where you decide to live, you should know your contractual rights and obligations. Most of the time, you’ll be asked to sign a lease, which you should read carefully before you put your name on.

International students must attend orientation week, so make sure you get there before it starts. You’ll learn about the university and its services and sign up for classes during this time. The college will give you a guidebook, which you must read. The guide explains each step of the process for getting into a school.

In addition to sports, colleges offer a wide range of extracurricular activities that give students a lot of new experiences. Colleges have music, drama, science, and literary societies that provide opportunities to learn outside and do other fun things. College life includes going to the theater, concerts, and places like art galleries, museums, religious centers, historical sites, scientific companies, and projects.

How to apply to US universities from Nepal?

Most international students who want to attend college prefer to go to the United States. On the other hand, students don’t know how to apply to universities in the USA correctly. Most of the universities’ application processes will be the same, but each university’s application process must have its unique part. It depends on the type of study and the level.

Students should know when to start the application process for US universities before they try to get in. When do things have to be done? How many people can get into US universities? When can a student go to that place to study? Before applying to US universities, these are some of the most important things students should know. Universities in the US mostly accept new students in the fall and spring.
In contrast to India, universities in the United States divide the academic year into two parts called “semesters.” Students should choose whether they want to start school in the fall or spring. Students wishing to go to college to take undergraduate or graduate-level courses in September 2022 should know when to apply. Whether a university is public or private, there are rules about how to use it. Applicants should know the required minimum percentage to get into a master’s program in the United States, where MS is the most popular course.

These are different for different study plans and levels. For each class, Indian students will have to meet a certain level of English. You will also need a minimum academic record of 65% or higher for the humanities stream in class XII and 70–80% or more for the science/commerce stream in class XII. Students under 60% can choose from Foundations and Diploma programs. Before beginning a degree program, the student should have been 18 years old. (It’s important to note that these numbers are just for reference; the actual numbers may vary from university to university.)

The following documents also need to be sent in:

1. Attested copies of your class X, XII, and Bachelor’s degree mark sheets (if applicable)

2. At least two letters of recommendation from professors who taught you in the last five years. (The number of letters of recommendation depends on the school.)
If you have work experience, you need two letters of recommendation from an employer or manager who knows you well and can comment on your professional skills.

3. Statement of Purpose (SOP)

4. Resume 

5. Score reports for the GMAT, GRE, IELTS, and TOEFL that have been photocopied (in case of students applying for art and design courses and architecture programs)

6. Others (certificates and accomplishments at the state and national levels, as well as activities outside of school)

7. Evidence of funds

Most colleges in the US let you apply to them online. To apply, you will need to go to each college’s website. Most of the time, you will need to create an account on the college’s website to give basic information about yourself, submit scanned copies of your documents, and pay application fees. Through this account, you will learn about the application process steps. Please look at the website of the college you want to attend to find out how to apply.

Application fee: When applying to a college, you must pay an application fee. Check with each college to find out how much their application fee is. The amount will depend on the college and course you are applying to.

Steps: The usual steps for applying for admission are:

1. Look for schools and programs.

2. You can get information from schools and websites.

3. Reduce the number of schools on your list.

4. Take the SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, and IELTS tests.

5. Make SOPs and ask for LORs.

6. Apply to the colleges that are right for you.

7. Watch video interviews with the colleges that made the shortlist.

8. Apply for a student visa if you are accepted.

People who want to go to college must also submit essays. Essays are an essential part of getting into college. Students may have to write one or two essays and have the choice to write a few more. Topics like career goals, strengths and weaknesses, skills, experiences, and why you want to attend a specific school are common.

SOP: Your Statement of Purpose (SOP) tells the college and admissions officers about you. It is always written in the first person and explains why the applicant wants to attend a specific college. It needs to show why you are perfect for the college and why it should accept you. The writing style could be formal or informal, but it’s essential to remember that it should also show who you are.

LOR: A letter of recommendation (LOR) is a reference letter that a third party writes about a prospective student’s qualities, characteristics, and skills to recommend him to the college in terms of his capacity to carry out a particular task or function. The third person could be a teacher, boss, etc.

Seasons of intake in the USA

Also Read: The USA Application Process

There are two main times for students to start classes at US universities: September and January. However, some schools also begin classes in May, July, and October. In the US, September is the best time to get into the best courses, while January is the best time to get into a smaller number of courses.

Start working on your application at least six months before the deadline. Most colleges have two deadlines, usually in October and January. It’s up to the students to decide which deadline works best for them. You should finish your language and skills tests three months before the deadline. The last three months should ensure the application form is filled out correctly.

For the September intake, it is crucial to finish the “complete application process,” which includes attending interviews and applying for a visa, by June or July.

The most popular time to start at a top college or course is in the fall, which begins in September. It depends on the course you want to take because January isn’t a good time for many courses.

If you want to get into a vocational course, you may be able to do so in January or even May or July.

Language testing for Study in USA

Standardized language exams like the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), and Pearson Test of English (PTE) must be taken to be considered for college entrance. These adhere to various forms, structures, and outcome bands. Although each of these examinations is unique, many institutions still require test results. Therefore, it is up to the student to choose which exam to take.

Exam repetition: You may take the IELTS exam as many times as you like. Although the TOEFL can be retaken as much as desired, it can only be taken once every 12 days. The same is true of PTE; it may be taken as often as desired. Before scheduling your next exam, you must wait for your results.

IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE all have regular fees of NRS 25,000, NRS 25,000 (US $190), and NRS 25,000, respectively.

If you want to start school in September, you should ideally finish these exams by November so you can send in your application before the first deadline. The universities to which you apply will specify which exam results will be accepted. However, if you can choose either of them, it is up to you. The IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE preparation times will vary depending on the level of English language skill. You can need two to four months to prepare for the exam.

Also Read: Eligibility to Study in USA

General exams

GMAT: The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is used to see if a person who wants to get an MBA has the skills to go to college and study business or management. It tests the student’s skills in math, English, and reasoning.

GRE: The Graduate Record Examination is another test students who want to get an MA or MS at a graduate school must take. More and more business schools accept GRE scores to get into an MBA program.

LSAT: The LSAT, or Law School Admission Test, is a standard test that is a big part of getting into law school. It allows law schools to measure applicants’ ability to read and use language to make decisions.

SAT: The Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) measures the reading and Writing skills you need to do well in college. This test measures how well the people taking it can analyze and solve problems, skills they learned in school and will need in college. Students in high school often take the SAT to get into UG courses.

Applying to a university will tell you which test scores are needed for the course you want to take. But if they give you a choice between these two, it’s up to you to decide.

Fees and Retakes: You can take the GMAT as often as you want, but you can only do so five times a year, with a 30-day break between tests. You can retake these tests after 30 days have passed since the first time. GRE costs Rs 27,000 (US $213), GMAT costs Rs 35,000 (US $275), and LSAT costs Rs 6,000

If you want to start in September, you should take these tests as soon as possible, preferably by November, so that you can apply before the first deadline. Most people spend between 4 and 6 months studying for these tests.

Average Scores: 547 is the average score on the GMAT that universities accept. The average Verbal GRE score is 155, Quantitative is 167, and Writing is 5.0. The average LSAT score that universities will accept is 162.

It’s important to remember that these numbers are just for reference, and the actual scores may vary from university to university.

Living expenses
A student spends between $12,000 and $15,000 per year. But a student’s costs also depend on where they live. A student living in a big city like New York, San Francisco, Chicago, etc., could spend up to $18,000 per year, while a student in the suburbs would spend between $10,000 and $12,000 per year. Students who want to visit the U.S. can also figure out the total.

The cost of living depends greatly on where you live in the U.S. and how much you hang out with others. Some of the most essential things for an international student to know about living in the U.S. are:

1. Accommodation rent ( on campus or off campus )
2. Food and grocery items
3. Utilities like electricity, water, gas, and the internet
4. The phone bill
5. Textbooks and dictionaries
6. Cost of the flight back to Nepal.
 Other things that may be different for each person are:

1. Traveling and Taking a Vacation
2. Car insurance and car rental
3. Cable T.V. connection

Cost of Education in the U.S.

The cost of tuition is different at different universities, for various courses, and in other cities. For an undergraduate course in the U.S., the average cost of education could be Rs 22.82 lakh per year. And if you want to take a post-graduate course, it would cost you around Rs 20.37 lakh per year. It’s important to remember that the price of a program at a U.S. school doesn’t always indicate how good it is. It can be as low as $10,000 yearly for state schools and $50,000 for some private schools. READ how much it costs to study in the U.S.

Average tuition fees for the first year of U.G. courses are based on 2282 BE/Btech courses in the USA.

Note: Average P.G. course tuition fees for the first year are based on 2665 MS courses in the USA.

Health care coverage
International students must stay abroad for a long time and get an insurance policy. Most insurance costs between $500 and $1,000 per year. Before you buy insurance, ensure it covers medical bills, accidents, dental care, interrupted studies, lost passports, and so on. Insurance is mostly cashless, meaning a student doesn’t have to pay money when hospitalized.

Scholarships for studying in the US
International students can get fee waivers based on how well they do in school and how much help they need. Scholarships and other forms of financial aid are available to students who do well in school, do well on standardized tests, and do well in extracurricular activities. To take advantage of these chances, you must send in all the necessary paperwork by a certain date. How the application is put together is also important because people judge you based on your appearance.

Documents required: The following documents are usually needed to apply for a scholarship, but the requirements may be different:

1. Photocopies and copies of academic records
2. A recent CV A letter of intent, which serves as a cover page
3. Language Proficiency Certificate (TOEFL or IELTS scores)
4. Reference letters (LOR)

Education Loan for Studying in the US

Student eligibility criteria: The first thing you need to do is find out if you can apply for the loan or not. All banks follow the same general eligibility rules, which are:

1. It would help if you were an Indian citizen

2. You must have a good record in school.

3. You must want to get into a professional, technical, or another course of study. Most banks say that the course chosen should be related to the job.

4. You must have gotten into a foreign college or university.

5. If you are younger than 18, your parents can get the loan for you.

You might not be able to get a loan for every course. Here are the kinds of courses for which the education loan can be used.

For graduation, well-known universities offer professional or technical courses that lead to jobs.
For postgraduate degrees, they accept MCA, MBA, MS, and diplomas.
These courses could be from foreign universities or institutes to which the state and central governments have approved.

Loan amount: If your total fee is Rs 15 lakh, the bank may offer to give a loan of 80% of the amount, and you will have to put in the balance of 20%. This is called the margin amount. Public sector banks generally offer a maximum loan for studying abroad, around Rs 30 lakh. However, many private banks offer loans amount more than Rs 30 lakh as well, and it depends on the total of the institution you have applied to. Some banks charge a processing fee, while others don’t. It may be a fixed amount or a percentage of the total loan amount. So if the bank charges you 1% as a processing fee, that will be an additional cost you’ll have to cover.

Documents needed: You’ll need to show the letter of acceptance from the University that says you’ve been chosen for the course and the list of fees. To show your academic record, you will also need to show the mark sheet from your last qualifying exam.

All banks have different documentation requirements, so you should check with the bank first.

Repayment: You don’t have to pay anything back until the course ends. If the student got a job within a year of finishing the course, the repayment should start as soon as one month has passed from the date of the job.

If you don’t get a job within a year of finishing the course, you have to start paying back the loan whether you have a job or not. After the payments begin, the loan is usually paid back in 5–7 years. If the student can’t finish the course in the allotted time, they may be given up to two more years to do so. Most of the time, you’ll have up to 10 years to pay back the loan.

What kinds of Visas are there in the US?

There are three different kinds of US student visas:

1. F1 Student Visa

Students who want to join a program that requires studying more than 18 hours a week need an F1 visa. This includes undergraduate and graduate programs, such as MS, MBA, etc.
The F-2 visa is for the spouse or child of someone with an F-1 visa. Please note that spouses can’t work but can come with you or apply for their visa to work or study in the US.
2. J1 Exchange Visitor Visa

Students, visiting scholars, or lecturers participating in an exchange program can get a J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa. For example, Fulbright scholars and many students from Indian universities on short-term study abroad programs will use a J-1 visa to travel to the US.
Most people who want a J1 visa are working professionals who want to go to the US on an exchange program. This is why the visa is called an “Exchange Visitor Visa.” These can be things like a 10-month job training program or a research fellowship, among other things. No matter what happens, the right institutions will tell the applicants about it.
The J-2 Visa is for the spouse or child of a person with a J-1 Visa. Please keep in mind that spouses can work if they get permission ahead of time.
3. M-1 Student Visa for Vocational or Non-Academic Study

The M1 visa is a student visa for schools that teach trades and skills. The process is still the same as for an F1 access, but M1 visas have a time stamp when you enter, so students can’t stay longer than they should.

What do you need to do to get a Student Visa in the US?

The VISA is The following are some of the requirements for a US Student Visa. If you want to go to college or university in the US, you will need an F1 student visa. And conditions for a US Student Visa include

Valid Passport: Your passport must be good for at least six months after you leave the United States.

Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page

You need a receipt for the application fee because you must pay before your interview.

Photo: The US consulate will upload your photo. You will also need to make an appointment with the consulate for the same reason. You will have to go to the center for consular services. Along with getting a digital photo of you, all of your fingerprints will be scanned. You’ll need to carry an approval receipt from the consulate, which will be given to you after your photo and finger scan go well.

Nonimmigrant Certificate of Eligibility (F-1) Status as a Student: Your school will send you a Form I-20 that SEVIS created once they have entered your information into the SEVIS database. You and an official from your school must both sign the Form I-20. The Student and Exchange Visitor System needs to know about every student, their spouse, and any minor children who plan to live in the United States with the student (SEVIS).

Note: You may need to send in more paperwork. During the personal interview, the interviewer might ask for more documents. These could be papers that show proof of your academic or financial status. These things are:

Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from the schools you attended

Scores from tests like the TOEFL, SAT, GRE, or GMAT that your US school made you take.

Your plan to leave the United States when the course of study is over

How will you pay for school, living costs, and travel

How to get a visa to study in the US?

To get a visa, you have to do a few things. Among these are

1. Fill out the Visa Application Form DS-160 online.

2. After you fill out the online application for a visa, you will have to pay the non-refundable visa application fee. It’s something you have to pay for before your interview. You can pay for it online or through a bank transfer.

3. Print the application form’s confirmation page and bring it to your interview.

4. Set up a time for your biometrics and an interview.

5. For the Biometric appointment, you will have to show up in person to get your photo taken for the visa and your fingerprints scanned.

6. At the personal interview, the interviewer will ask you about your choice, college, money, and whether you plan to return. If they are convinced, they or they will keep your passport with them or get your visa stamped.

7. F-1 student visas can be given out up to 120 days before your course of study begins. You won’t be able to enter the US as an F-1 student 30 days before your start date, though.

Permit to work
Students are not allowed to work anywhere else during the first year of school. After one year of school, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may permit one to work off campus, but this doesn’t happen often. F-1 students can get jobs on campus at your school without getting permission from USCIS first.

The most a student can work in a week is 20 hours. The student can work up to 40 hours per week during breaks, vacations, and the summer. The student can work for a business that does work for the college, like a bookstore or cafeteria. Working more than 20 hours a week can lead to problems, like losing your student status or being sent home.

It is against the law to work in places like hotels, motels, gas stations, liquor stores, etc. If you get caught, you could be deported or have trouble getting work authorization in the future because of your immigration status.

Visa for spouse
A dependent visa, an F2 visa, is given to the student’s spouse or children.

A spouse with F-2 status can’t sign up for an entire course of study, but they can take vocational or fun classes, like cooking or tennis, to pursue a hobby or interest. A child with F2 status can go to grade school, middle school, or high school full-time. They can’t go to college or university full-time.

Students can’t work at any time, nor can their spouses or children.

1. Get plane tickets

2. Buy insurance for travel and health

3. Set up a place to stay in the US

4. Set up transportation to and from the airport and back to your US home.

5. Set up your banking and think about getting traveler’s checks.

6. Check the limits on luggage and customs

7. Finish all of the paperwork with your home school.

Get your papers in order and make copies to keep in your luggage and at home, such as:

1. Airline tickets and a passport

2. Certificate of travel insurance Letter of acceptance from the school;

3. Numbers and addresses that are important

4. A bank statement that proves you have money.

5. Prescriptions for any medicines you have with you

6. Traveler’s cheques—if applicable

7. Medical records and proof of vaccinations

8. History of grades and transcripts from college

Shopping in the US: In the US, enormous shopping malls and supermarkets like Wal-Mart and Target are one-stop shops where you can get everything you need for the day. Ensure all your shopping is billed correctly and you have the bills.

Learn the basics of cooking. If you cook for yourself, you can save money. In the US, Indian food is pricey. It will also stop you from wanting to eat “your food” when you miss home. Indian spices aren’t always easy to find in smaller cities, but you might be able to find them in shops on campus. Most Indian food is made with ingredients that can be found in these shops.

Travel: Every big city in the US has different ways to get around, such as buses, taxis, trains, and subways. But public transportation isn’t excellent. There aren’t as many stops, and places aren’t well linked. You might have to use your own car to get around most of the time. Even though gas prices are rising, private cars are still the most cost-effective and convenient way to get around. This is because you have a lot of freedom and flexibility when you have a car. You can go wherever and whenever you want, and you don’t have to worry about when public transportation is running. But you will have to use public transport or ask friends for rides before you can buy your car.

Stay on a Student Visa: If you come to the US on a student visa, you can stay there as long as you are enrolled in school and need to finish your program. After the program, you’ll have 60 days to leave the United States. You can look for work or leave the country to return to India during this time.

Optional Practical Training(OPT)

OPT stands for “optional practical training.” If students want to stay in the US to learn about their subject in the real world, they can do so through OPT. A temporary work permit lets students work for a year in their field of study.

1. Pre-completion OPT

2. Post-completion OPT

Through pre-completion OPT, students can work in their field of study if they want to. Students still in school can get permission to work with this permit. They can work part-time during classes and full-time during breaks.

Duration: Students with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree can take up to 12 months of OPT. Under the STEM OPT extension, students in STEM fields get an extra 17 months, for a total of 29 months.

Post-completion OPT is needed for students who have finished their education and want to work more than 20 hours per week. This OPT is given so that the student can work full-time. Students can’t start a new course of study while on OPT unless they are Ph.D. students.

Applying for OPT: The student must start the request for OPT by having their DSO (Designated School Official) recommend OPT. To do this, the DSO must:

1. Endorse Form I-20

2. Making the right notes in SEVIS.

The student then fills out Form I-765, which is an application for an EAD (Employment Authorization Document). Once approved, EAD is given to the student. Once the EAD is given to the student, he or she can start working.

Program for Co-Op Education
In a cooperative program, work and school are done at different times. The Student Co-Op Program is a formal program whose goal is to hire students for permanent jobs after they graduate while they are still in school. Colleges and universities are usually where co-op programs take place. You will most likely be paid by the hour, and depending on the course or major you choose, you can make between $10 and $16 per hour.

Nepali students are used to getting jobs through campus placements and being hired on campus. In America, there is no such thing as a placement. Most US universities have a “Career Services Center” that helps people find jobs and get ready for interviews. Recruiting on campus is always based on what students are interested in. A company that hires through a university does not offer a job directly. What they offer is a co-op or an internship. Before hiring you full-time, companies like to see your work for a few months.

Here are some resources that may be helpful to you as you consider studying in the United States:

The U.S. Department of State’s EducationUSA website ( provides information for international students on how to apply to colleges and universities in the U.S.

The Institute of International Education’s (IIE) Open Doors website ( is a good resource for information on international student enrollment in the U.S.

CollegeBoard’s International Student Handbook ( provides information on the process of applying to colleges and universities in the U.S. as an international student.

No Posts Found


To study in the USA as a Nepali student, you need to have a valid passport, a high school diploma or equivalent, and English language proficiency. You must also apply to a US university or college and obtain a student visa.

A: Popular courses for Nepali students in the USA include business, engineering, computer science, health sciences, and social sciences

A: To apply for a student visa to study in the USA as a Nepali student, you need to fill out an online application form, pay the visa application fee, and schedule an appointment for an interview at the US embassy or consulate in Nepal.

A: The cost of studying in the USA as a Nepali student varies depending on your institution and program. On average, tuition and living expenses can range from $20,000 to $60,000 annually.

A: Yes, there are scholarships available for Nepali students to study in the USA. You can search for scholarships on US universities and colleges’ websites and on scholarship databases such as Scholarship Portal and International Scholarships.

A: Nepali students can work while studying in the USA but must obtain a work permit from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

A: The duration of a student visa for Nepali students to study in the USA depends on the academic program length. Usually, F-1 student visas are valid for the duration of the program plus a grace period of 60 days, while J-1 exchange visitor visas can vary in length.

A: Nepali students can find accommodation in the USA while studying through various options such as on-campus dormitories, off-campus apartments, homestays, or shared houses. Most universities and colleges assist in finding accommodation.

A: The application process for US universities and colleges for Nepali students involves submitting transcripts, test scores (such as SAT or ACT), essays, recommendation letters, and other materials required by the institution. You may also need to submit proof of English language proficiency.

A: Nepali students can transfer their credits earned in Nepal to a US university or college. Still, it depends on the institution’s policies and the institution’s accreditation where the credits were earned.

The application deadline for US universities and colleges for Nepali students varies depending on the institution and program. However, most institutions have deadlines between November and February for fall admissions and between March and May for spring admissions.

The documents required for a student visa interview for Nepali students include a valid passport, the visa application confirmation page,

Yes, Nepali students can work in the USA after completing their studies through the Optional Practical Training (OPT) program. This program allows students to work in the USA for up to 12 months after completing their studies.

Yes, there may be cultural differences that Nepali students should be aware of while studying in the USA, such as differences in communication styles, social norms, and academic expectations. Being open-minded and willing to adapt to new cultural experiences is essential.

Nepali students can find part-time jobs while studying in the USA through their university’s career center, online job boards, and networking with other students and professionals.

The healthcare system in the USA can be complex and expensive for international students. Most universities and colleges offer student health insurance plans that provide coverage for basic medical needs.

Nepali students can bring their family members to the USA while studying, but they will need to apply for a dependent visa, such as an F-2 or J-2 visa.

Nepali students can make the most out of their study abroad experience in the USA by getting involved in campus activities, exploring the local community, and building relationships with other students and professors. Taking advantage of opportunities for personal and professional growth is also essential.

The job prospects for Nepali students after graduating from a US university or college can vary depending on the field of study and the current job market. Researching and networking with potential employers is essential to increase job prospects.

The process for extending a student visa for Nepali students involves submitting an application to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before the current visa expires. It is essential to consult with your university or college’s international student services office for guidance on the application process.

Yes, Nepali students can apply for permanent residency in the USA after studying through various visa programs, such as the H-1B visa for skilled workers or the EB-5 visa for investors. However, these programs have specific eligibility requirements and may involve a lengthy application process.

The costs associated with studying in the USA for Nepali students can vary depending on the university or college and the program of study. In addition to tuition and fees, students may need to budget for housing, meals, transportation, books, and other expenses.

Yes, scholarships and financial aid options are available for Nepali students studying in the USA. Some universities and colleges offer merit-based scholarships, need-based financial aid, and other forms of funding. Additionally, external organizations and government programs provide funding for international students.

A: Nepali students can transfer to another university or college while studying in the USA. However, consulting with your current university or college’s international student services office and prospective school is essential to ensure that the transfer process is smooth and meets all requirements.

A: The academic calendar for universities and colleges in the USA typically consists of two semesters: fall (August to December) and spring (January to May). Some institutions also offer a summer session, which is typically shorter in duration.

A: The options for housing while studying in the USA can vary depending on the university or college and the location. Some common options include on-campus dormitories, off-campus apartments, homestays, and hostels.

A: Nepali students can stay connected with family and friends back home while studying in the USA through various means such as video calls, messaging apps, social media, and email. Maintaining these connections while immersing oneself in the local community and culture is important.

A: Nepali students studying in the USA typically require a student visa, such as an F-1 or J-1 visa. These visas have specific requirements, such as being enrolled in a full-time program of study and maintaining a certain GPA. It is important to consult with your university or college’s international student services office for guidance on visa regulations.

A: Nepali students can stay safe while studying in the USA by being aware of their surroundings, avoiding risky behavior, and following local laws and customs. It is also important to stay connected with local resources such as a university or college security services and emergency contacts.

A: Yes, Nepali students can work while studying in the USA, but there are restrictions on the number of hours and types of jobs that can be held. International students can work on campus for up to 20 hours per week while school is in session, and some may be eligible for off-campus employment under certain circumstances.

A: Student life in the USA can vary depending on the university, college, and location. However, Nepali students can expect to encounter a diverse community of students and faculty and various extracurricular activities and events. It is essential to immerse oneself in the local community and culture while also maintaining connections with one’s Nepali heritage.

A: Yes, there may be cultural differences that Nepali students should be aware of when studying in the USA, such as differences in communication styles, social norms, and customs. It is essential to be open-minded and respectful of others while also maintaining one’s own cultural identity.

A: Nepali students can prepare for the academic rigor of studying in the USA by improving their English language skills, studying in advance, and familiarizing themselves with their chosen program’s academic expectations and standards. It is also essential to seek support and resources from professors, advisors, and tutors as needed.

A: Nepali students studying in the USA are typically required to have medical insurance. Many universities and colleges offer their own student health insurance plans, or students may purchase a plan from a private provider. Researching the options and requirements for healthcare and medical insurance before arriving in the USA is important.

A: Nepali students can get involved in the local community while studying in the USA by participating in community service projects, volunteering, joining clubs and organizations, attending cultural events, and networking with local residents. This can provide opportunities to develop new skills, make connections, and contribute to society.

A: The process for applying to graduate school in the USA as a Nepali student can vary depending on the institution and program. Generally, it involves researching programs, taking standardized tests such as the GRE or GMAT, obtaining letters of recommendation, and submitting transcripts and other application materials. It is essential to follow the specific instructions and deadlines for each program.

A: The process for renewing a student visa while studying in the USA as a Nepali student involves obtaining an updated I-20 form from the school, completing the DS-160 form online, paying the application fee, scheduling an appointment for a visa interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate in Nepal or the USA, and providing the required documents.

A: Nepali students can find housing while studying in the USA through the university or college’s housing services or through private housing options such as apartments or homestays. It is important to research the housing options and costs and to plan ahead for housing arrangements before arriving in the USA.

A: Yes, Nepali students can travel outside the USA while studying, but it is important to have the appropriate documentation such as a valid passport, visa, and travel authorization. It is also important to consult with the university or college’s international student services office for guidance on travel regulations and restrictions.

A: The cost of living for Nepali students studying in the USA can vary depending on the location and lifestyle. Generally, students should budget for expenses such as housing, food, transportation, textbooks, and personal expenses. It is important to research the estimated living cost and plan ahead for financial needs.

A: Yes, scholarships and financial aid are available for Nepali students studying in the USA. Some universities and colleges offer scholarships specifically for international students, and there may also be external scholarship opportunities. It is important to research and apply for scholarships and financial aid early.

A: Nepali students may be able to work in the USA after graduating through the Optional Practical Training (OPT) program, which allows for up to 12 months of work authorization in the student’s field of study. Some students may also be eligible for a 24-month extension of OPT if they graduate in a STEM field. It is important to consult with the university or college’s international student services office for guidance on OPT regulations and requirements.

A: Nepali students can cope with homesickness while studying in the USA by staying connected with family and friends back home, participating in cultural events and activities, joining student organizations, and seeking support from counselors or advisors. It is also important to remember that homesickness is a common experience for international students, and it may take time to adjust to the new environment.

A: The employment opportunities for Nepali students in the USA after graduating can vary depending on the student’s field of study, skills, and experience. Some students may find employment in their field of study, while others may pursue other types of employment or further education. Researching the job market and opportunities in the desired field is important.

A: Nepali studnd plan their expenses accordingly.

A: The weather in the USA varies depending on the region and season. Nepali students need to research and prepare for the weather conditions in their study area.

A: Yes,hile studying in the USA with an F-1 visa?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *